DPM Adapter is an optical addition to the Xenon 1900/1902 scanner designed to extend its capabilities into DPM area. In addition it increases effective scanner resolution on DPM Data Matrix symbols to 3-5 mils.
Regular Xenon has a resolution ranging from 5 to 7.5 mils, depending upon the model (HD/ SR/ER), Since it is strongly affected by illumination, substrate, etc., for DPM samples it is actually worse than that – closer to 9 – 13 mils range.
2DTG offers two adapter models, as follows:
- 18-LDS4X0008FG, having Diffuser for reading marks on shiny surfaces. The Adapter is recommended for use with Xenon 1900/1902/HD.
- 18-LDS4X0408FG, having 40 mm Adapters (lens) built-in (in addition to diffuser) for reading particularly small marks. This Adapter is recommended for use with Xenon 1900/1902/SR/ER.
If you already have a Xenon 1900 or Xenon 1902 scanner and want to extend its capabilities to DPM applications:
- Request Quote for OEM Pricing (high volume licensing), or
- Add to Cart to purchase Adapter you need.
- Mark “DPM Plugin” check box when placing the Order. DPM Plugin has to be installed to the Xenon Scanner to ensure DPM performance on a wide variety of surfaces and marks (particularly, Dot Peen).
If you do not have those devices - the best solution is to purchase scanner with DPM Adapter assembled and DPM Plugin pre-loaded.