2DTG offers Android barcode decoder and SDK - software upgrade adapted to Honeywell’s Dolphin CT50 mobile computer powered by Android 4.x and higher. It is designed primarily for Data Matrix DPM (Direct Part Marking), including Dot Peen, applications, but includes other major symbologies decoder, as well, for customer convenience. Dolphin CT50 with "DPM addition" demonstrates solid DPM reading performance – on par with the specialized DPM scanners in the market.
Android barcode decoder package includes:
- Keyboard Wedge Barcode Decoder APP - powerful, automated data-collection system for Android platforms. It provides real-time data acquisition and forwarding it to Office applications, databases, and custom built systems installed on your mobile computer, and
- Barcode Reader APP to demonstrate software performance. and
- Decode SDK – sample project and decoding library, for building your own application.
Both applications and SDK utilize our barcode decoding libraries - Data Matrix (Enterprise Edition), QR Code, 1D Barcodes and PDF417. The symbologies can be auto-selected by the Library / Decoder or selected manually prior to decoding from the Settings Menu (to speed up decoding process).
2DTG’s barcode decoding libraries for Android are GS1 compliant - they return Symbology Identifier that can be used by GS1 users when building their applications.
2DTG's upgrade (BD/DPM-D-A-CT50) can be added to each configuration of Dolphin CT50 mobile computers running Android.
If you do not have Dolphin CT50 yet - purchase it with DPM software, pre-loaded to the Mobile Computer.
If you already have Mobile Computer and want to extend its capabilities into DPM area:
- Download trial version of the Android decoder (trial version is fully functional but decode output is slightly modified – some characters are replaced with asterisks).
- Install DemoDecode and BarcodeKey applications to your device by following the User’s Guide instructions.
- Request Quote for OEM Pricing (high volume licensing), OR
- Add to Cart to purchase License for Android barcode decoder and SDK. At the end of the Check-Out process please enter the Device Serial Number(s) of your phone in the “Order Comments” window.
- License file (License.txt) for each submitted Serial Number will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours - one for all units.
- Copy the License.txt file to the root directories of your devices (see User’s Guide for details).